We're seeking an experienced and talented Site Foreman to join the Intrabuild family.
We are looking for a personable and experienced Site Foreman to lead the team on our projects, while fulfilling one of the skilled trade roles needed on site. As the point of contact for both workers and supervisors, you will be a key person for successful project completion.
As Site Foreman on our customer's projects, you must have a solid background in the field. Your leadership and people skills and extensive experience have earned you the ability to direct the work of others and make quick decisions.
You must be well-organized, favor safety above everything else and have the physical ability to frame, mold, sheetrock, tape etc as lead carpenter. You will be frequently required to:
- Stand, walk, or sit for extended periods;
- Stoop, kneel, or crouch;
- Talk, hear, see, read and write;
- Use your hands and fingers to handle, feel or move objects, tools or controls;
- Use a smartphone; tablet or other device for scheduling;
- Use first aid equipment, a fire extinguisher and power and hand tools;
- Lift, move and carry objects up to 65 pounds.
Based in New York City, you will report directly to the Build Manager. You will receive support from Intrabuild’s technology, market response, pricing, procurement, customer support, accounting and admin teams to help you fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate tasks according to priorities and plans;
- Monitor the attendance of crew;
- Allocate general and daily responsibilities;
- Supervise and train workers and tradespeople;
- Ensure manpower and resources are adequate;
- Guarantee all safety precautions and quality standards are met;
- Supervise the use of machinery and equipment;
- Monitor expenditure and ensure it remains within budget;
- Resolve problems when they arise;
- Report on progress to managers, engineers etc.
- Experienced Site Foreman and / or Carpenter: You have at least 20 years of experience as Site Foreman and / or Lead Carpenter delivering high-end residential renovations. You have worked predominantly with homeowners renovating their primary residence spending between $300,000 and $2M and have a proven track record of systematically delivering projects profitably and within schedule. You are not afraid to get your hands dirty and have comfort with plumbing, mechanical and electrical plans.
- Expert Communicator: You excel at rapidly responding to all parties while adapting the Intrabuild story to all of our unique homeowners. You can build appropriate rapport to manage constructive and effective relationships and relate well to all kinds of people. You can write clearly, accurately and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles. You have strong listening skills and the ability to accurately restate the opinions and needs of others.
- Skilled Project Manager: You are an excellent scheduler, coordinator and manager of various renovation professionals and trade specialists. You know how to get the very best performance from your team in order to deliver projects to quality, on schedule and under budget, all while building a great user experience for customers.
- Problem Solver: You solve one problem after the next in the pursuit of building something great. You love the challenge of tackling difficult situations and finding solutions to meet our homeowners' needs. You can skillfully negotiate in tough situations and win concessions without damaging relationships.
- Always Learning: You seek feedback for improvement, are open to criticism, and aren’t defensive. You don’t wait for others to open doors and make things happen for you. You learn from peer successes and seek best practices for continued self-improvement.
- Results driven: You can be counted on to exceed goals with grace.
- Mobile: You have a valid NYC driver’s license.
- Available: You are available and eligible to start full time employment in the U.S.
Education & Experience
- 15+ years experience in high-end home renovation in New York in Brownstones or High-End Co-ops and Condos
- Proven experience as a Site Foreman and / or Carpenter
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment and OSHA guidelines
- Understanding of electrical and plumbing systems
- Ability to read drawings, plans and blueprints
- Aptitude in math
- Good physical condition and stamina
- High school diploma or diploma in a skilled trade (electrician, carpenter etc.)
- OSHA 30 minimum (Intrabuild will support your OSHA 40, and SST if needed)
Pay & Benefits
- Competitive base salary based on experience and skill level
- Career path opportunities
- Benefits include sales and project management training, generous vacation policy, comprehensive health care, 401K program, parking and transit reimbursement and maternity & paternity leave.
- Eligibility for annual merit increase in base pay.